When we share Jesus with our clients, we use the phases Discernment, Discipleship, Discovery, Decision, and Development.
- Do you have any kind of spiritual belief?
- Do you believe that there is a heaven or hell?
- If you died right now, where would you go? Why?
- Who is Jesus to you?
- At what age did you accept Jesus?
- If what you believe were not true, would you want to know it?
Only if the client answers yes to question six, is the Bible to be opened to proceed to the next stage, Discipleship.
The Gospel message is shared during the DISCIPLESHIP STAGE with tracts, passages from the Bible, and the Client Advocate’s personal testimony. We believe that each client who comes to the Center has a divine appointment to be here, and God by the power of His Spirit is doing the work. In addition to the Holy Spirit, the client’s response plays a major part in sharing the Gospel. We are sensitive and avoid disputes while taking the time to listen to her story. The message is presented as salvation through Christ and not as a solution to her problems.
Following is a list of the scriptures used during the session:
- Romans 3:23–… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23–For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 10:9-10–That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
During the DECISION PHASE, we ask the following questions:
- Are you a sinner?
- Do you want forgiveness for your sins?
- Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose again?
- Do you want to surrender your life to Jesus Christ?
If the client answers “No” to any of the questions, we stop and take joy in knowing that a seed was planted. If the client answers “Yes” to all of the questions, we pray with them to receive Jesus as Lord.